Friday, August 6, 2010

My history

Last night I decided to put all the pictures I have on discs onto my computer. I had all my wedding pictures and all my pictures with my girlfriends from when I was single and then I found all my old Ecuador pictures and I stayed up until 1 am crying and laughing at all the memories! I miss those brown eyed babies so much. I miss being out of my comfort zone. I miss the feeling of being on an adventure that you know will change your life forever. I miss making new friends. I miss eating wierd food. I miss staying up late laughing until you cry. I miss seeing different parts of the world. I am so grateful I was able to go there and experience the things that I did. Going to ecuador to work in the orphanages has had an undeniable impact on my life that will last forever. I would not be the mother I am today with out all of those babies and the expeiences they gave me. I am so grateful that my baby doesn't have to grow up the way that they did...she is so lucky. I hope she can understand how blessed she is to have two parents who love her and care for her everyday. And I wanted to tell Emmy, Cheddy and Nat thank you for sharing that experience with me. I am so grateful for the friendships we formed there and will love you girls for the rest of my life, no matter how busy or far apart we get. I am so grateful for pictures and memories.







Just in case you know anyone who would be interested in being a volunteer the group is called OSSO Orphanage Support System Organization!



6 comments:

Melissa said...

I like brown eyed babies too! :) Oh and for your room I'd go with Aqua Blue

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

That was such a great post, I miss those memories so much too! That was one of the greatest times of my life and I will forever love you too! I have no doubt that those experiences will help us in motherhood and that we are better people because of them. Thank you for reminding me of that wonderful time! Love you cute girl! And I'm loving your new house by the way, SO darling! And Peighton is gorgeous. Sheesh!

cbleeflang said...

I loved reading your blog about Ecuador! I took a trip down memory lane with you. Every time I watch Gilmore Girls I think of you. It seems like you are so happy and Peighton looks just like you. Just remember that "I wove you sooo much." :)

M said...

ahhh, Jade. I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I almost cried reading that. Every now and then I'll pull out those photos and remember. I loved being there with you. It just wouldn't have been the same without you.

Every time I see an episode of Gillmore Girls, I think of you, ha ha ha!

Thanks for the sweet post and the pictures! Love you Jade!

Anonymous said...

Jade! How are you? I've loved looking at your blog, you are an amazing decorator by the way! Your house is so beautiful. I liked your Ecuador blog, i miss it so much down there too. I'm glad you have fond memories like I do!

Nat and Justin said...

Ah....Haday! We've been without internet for a bit and I've just been able to get on and catch up on all your fun posts. That was amazing and I loved that we got to be HML chicka's together. You rock and I'm happy to see life is treating you well! Miss your guts!