Friday, August 27, 2010

18 months and a new room

For P's half birthday I decided I should finish her room! It turned out cute...I am still trying to decide if I can live with the white walls! See it goes against everything I believe to have whiet walls in my house but I have burned out from painting and it is so hard to paint her room because i usually paint while she sleeps to avoid messes and I can't do that with her room...obviously! So i decided maybe I could add enough color with accessories! I just bought that chandelier sticky thing yesterday and hung it on the wall but it looked so boring so I went out in my garage and found this magnet board I had and decided to rip it out and use the frame. The frame was light enough that i could nail through it so it was secure on the wall (don't want miss P pulling it down). I then sprayed it metalic aged it and glazed it! Still something was missing so I busted out the aqua paint and watered some down rubbed it on the wall and wiped it away to my liking. Then I used the trust Tabacco glaze from ralph lauren(use it to age everything I am so in love) to make it look old and weathered! I love the end product! the pictures next to it need to be changed out or sconces need to be there instead!








Please ignore the pillows on the chaise...they need to be replaced! I am on it!




My sweet little baby girl turned 18months old yesterday! I can not believe it she really isn't a baby anymore she is a full grown toddler! She has opinions about what she wears and she makes goofy faces and thinks falling over is just about the most hillarious thing that ever happened! Wierd and goofy...my little toddler!


I decided she could have her first pigtails!! She actually loved them! but the pic is terrible!




Look at those eyes! she is such a big girl! She even gave up bottles and sippies for naps and ni nights just kitty(hello kitty doll) and a blankie and she is good! It was way easier then I expected! So proud of her!





7 comments:

Jen Beckstrand said...

Dear Jade,
Please come to Utah and decorate my apartment. It needs you desperately!

Melissa said...

I love it, you have great decorating ideas. When we finally get settled in I want you to post easy decorating ideas on your blog - so that way I can steal them and decorate my home. What do you think?

Lex Packer said...

I am OBSESSED with my babys...
1. Face
2. Room
3. Ponytail
and every other little tinsy winsy detail of her..

Eaton Family said...

Oh my she does have amazing eyes! 18 months went so fast huh! She is in nursury now!! Hurray they love nursuy or at least my kids did! Toys and other kids=amazing! Love all your decorations, wish you were here to decorate my house! I could use your touch!

ogoff said...

Jade,
I am trying to return a CTR ring you lost at my cabin many years ago. We just found it this past weekend in Heber. I am Tyler Bonar's mom. Could you email me with your address at bonarkl@cox.net and I will mail it to you.
Thanks,
Kris

Heather said...

Love those piggies!

M said...

she has got such gorgeous eyes. hmmm, i wonder where she got those?